As a community services organisation, we have a strong emphasis on social responsibility, community engagement, and advocacy for vulnerable and disadvantaged populations. We have a collaborative and supportive work culture that encourages teamwork, creativity, and innovation to meet the evolving needs of the community. Our diverse people collectively speak over 35 languages and we are proud of the inclusive and welcoming environment we create, as our people have excellent communication skills, empathy, patience, and a strong commitment to social justice and equity.
We have a collaborative and supportive work culture that encourages teamwork, creativity, and innovation to meet the evolving needs of the community. Working in such an environment is fulfilling and motivating, as it allows individuals to work together towards a common goal and make a positive impact in their community.
As part of our commitment to our people we have a number of internal working groups, led by our staff and supported by an Executive to work towards advancing our approach in a range of meaningful ways. These working groups include:
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Cultural Competence Committee: leads the development and implementation of our Reconciliation Action Plan.
- Rainbow Working Group: helps ensure our centers, workspaces and programs are a welcoming and safe place for LGBTIQA+ community members.
- Cultural Diversity and Inclusion Working Group: is committed to ensuring our workplace respects and values diversity of customs, cultures and beliefs.
- Sustainability Working Group: promotes and supports the use and development of sustainable practices across all CRCS programs.
- Mental Health and Wellbeing Working Group: strive to make wellbeing a priority in our everyday lives through fun and engaging activities and ensure all employees are aware of the more formal supports that are offered.